· Art Vs Architecture /Arts are having two modes of representation: Visual Arts & Performing Arts
· Communication is an important aspect of arts than ARCHITECTURE and architectural theory has often borrowed imagery or made analogy (similarity in some way) to these arts. We can discuss theses in particular:
Drawing NATURE LITERATURE Dance Music
All these arts may be seen in terms of a language used for communication.
- archi-how? (archiabyssina.com)
- Archi-tip (archiabyssina.com)
- Importance of collaboration and coordination between ports and inland navigation networks (archiabyssina.com)
- Architects as humanists (archiabyssina.com)
- Harar in Carlos Touch (archiabyssina.com)
- The International Society for Performing Arts and Acceptd Announce Strategic Partnership (prweb.com)
- Artistry: Exploring the City as an ‘Aggressive’ Mass of Broken Pixels (curbed.com)
- Famous Marimba Virtuoso Plays For Humboldt County Audiences (prweb.com)
THE project involves a print book that’s about 200 pages long, and which was published 13 years ago. Clean copies are available. It contains three types of content:
Running text with chapters, subheads and other formatting used in nonfiction books
Tabular composition (tables and charts created with typesetting)
Graphics in the form of drawings for which no originals can be found.
This is a trifecta of difficulty. Each of these types of content needs to be handled differently. Here’s a streamlined version of what it would take to complete this project.
A clean copy will need to go to an OCR (optical character recognition) scanning service. They will scan each page of text and create a Word file. It’s critical that you choose a good-quality scanner for this service, since some suppliers simply run the document through their OCR scanner and give you whatever the software puts out.
But think about it. Even if they maintain that they have a “99.5% accuracy rate,” you should expect lots of corrections. Even though it sounds good, if your book has 100,000 words in it, you are looking at a document with 500 errors—somewhere.
Send the resulting Word file out for proofreading and correction, which is easier and less expensive to deal with early in the process. Okay, now you’ve got a clean manuscript, but it’s only of the first type of content, the running text.
Re-create the tables and other material created by the original typesetter. Someone will have to re-enter the text since it will come from the OCR scanner in the wrong order and mixed with other unwanted characters. Once completed, the new material will need to be proofread and then sent to the book designer to be included in the new version of the book.
Pages with graphics will need to be scanned separately, and perhaps by a different vendor if the OCR scanner doesn’t provide graphics scanning.
The resulting graphic files will likely need clean-up and adjustment before they can be included in the ebook file.
A book designer or ebook formatter will then have to reassemble the three types of content and convert the resulting book into the ebook formats required by the client.
In the meantime a cover designer will need to create artwork for a cover suitable for listings on e-retailers and for promotion around the web.
It took almost half an hour to just describe this process adequately and, at the end, it was obvious it would be a big job.
“So, does the book have a good sales history? Is it still up to date?” I asked.
“Well, the client was thinking to use it as a giveaway.”
“A giveaway? You realize you’re going to have to contract with and pay an OCR scanning company, someone to scan the graphics, a book designer or layout artist to create new files for the book, a proofreader and